Pain is temporary, failure lasts forever

Lean, agile living for the running mother of Peter

2007-05-29

Last long run...

On the previous Saturday I had my final long run before Stockholm Marathon. The difficulty right now is FOCUS. During my previous marathons, I've been able to focus before the run. But that was before my previous job, little Peter and all the other things that make focus a sparse part of life. So I focus by reading literature. I've rediscovered Oscar Wilde, Ken Kesey and all those loves of my life.

I didn't remember the sharpness of Wilde. The details of Kesey. I forgot about the joy of reading good literature. I don't mean that I haven't been reading during the past months and years. But there is reading books and there is reading literature. I hope this doesn't become yet another distraction. Because next Saturday I'm going to do some serious running...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home