Pain is temporary, failure lasts forever

Lean, agile living for the running mother of Peter

2009-01-25

Getting longer

(If you're looking for the stuff about agile and lean software development, check out my new blog at http://annaforss.spaces.live.com/)

Since I changed jobs, I've also increased the route to work. From having 4,5k to work it's now 8,5. And since the parking fee is much higher, driving is no longer an option. So, it's biking or running for me. I've also gotten back to the tube. But I prefer the bike or my own feet.

I was wondering how it would work, increasing the weekly dosage of running with almost 15k and it was many years since I took longer morning runs. It hasn't been a problem. Quite the opposite. The first k:s are always the worst for me so the run feels perfect.

The only problem is the temperature. During the nights, the temperature goes under 0C and during the days it rains. So, it's like running on glass on portions of my run. But that also makes it a bit more interesting and challenging. I can focus on standing on my own two feet.

So, what does this mean for my running objectives? I don't know yet. I'm still doing Midnattsloppet, even if I haven't decided on a costume yet. Perhaps I'll do a half marathon later this year.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I regularly visit your blog.
Keep on challenging!

January 29, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home