Pain is temporary, failure lasts forever

Lean, agile living for the running mother of Peter

2007-12-16

A fast run

I'm so longing for next week when it will start getting lighter instead of darker. I don't care for the daylight in other respects that during my run. But I enjoy being able to see when I run. I've never fallen during a run but the combination slippery and dark is just an accident waiting to happen.

Today, I decided on a short run on the ordinary track. It normally takes 25 minutes but today, when I was about 10 minutes away from the finish, I saw a guy in my age, out for a morning jog. I saw his outfit and knew he's a beginner. A beginner of the more serious kind but yet a morning. I don't know why, but that starts me up. I was going to hunt him down. So, the run took 20 minutes instead. I was almost dead when I came home: it's no use catching another runner if you're not able to increase the speed after you've passed him. Being passed myself is not an option.

Next week is the last week of the sprint at work. And like with my run today, it's all about getting the things done. Keep you posted.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home