Pain is temporary, failure lasts forever

Lean, agile living for the running mother of Peter

2008-10-17

Changed behaviour - why why why

As I've discussed earlier, I prefer talking about expectable behaviour rather that usability. And today, I found yet another example of why there is a difference.

Having used Microsoft Excel since like forever, I thought I knew which behaviour to expect. For example double clicking in a cell makes it active. YES! I know that you can press F2, and I do that too, but sometimes I see an item in a list and wish to change it. So, I double click the cell and I expect the cell to become active.

But no. Someone decided that changing this behaviour to moving marked cell to next empty cell was the thing which had highest business value.

Both behaviours has it's usability thingies but I don't expect the selected cell to move from a cell which I double click.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home